06 November 2014

Me, myself and I

After the blog introduction post, I felt it was a good idea to write an introduction post about me. At this point I must admit that I'm horrible at describing myself and I have no idea what to write about. So, this might become the worst introduction post in history...

WAIT! WHAT ABOUT THE BLOG NAME?

Well, the obvious guess is that I just used my name in it. Not quite. My actual name is Marja. Mariya is my name Japanese name (and perhaps Slavic). So, why Japanese? I, of course, could have used my own name, but I wanted something more symbolic. The word 'road' obviously (I hope?) tells that this blog follows the path I'm on, but where is it leading? My dream is that in a few year's time I'll be moving to Japan and that's what I am aiming towards. So, I felt that using my Japanese name in my blog name is more meaningful.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME...

Basic info:
Name: Marja / Mariya
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Turku, Finland (for few more months)

[I never really like photos of myself... 25.10.2013]


School: Even high school, along slowly preparing for university application processes
Hobbies: Music. Writing. Trying to learn Japanese and play piano. Photography. etc.

I eventually hope to have my own music business in Japan and release a book series. I have already planned out main storyline for my books, I actually started the very first version years ago. But I am too much of a perfectionist so I have started rewriting the story many, many times. And I need to plan things too much. I'm kinda hoping that writing my blogs will help me with these problems. Or at least make me more confident writer.

[Very recent photo, aka less than two weeks old. 25.10.2014]

Some random things:
- My favourite colour is yellow
- I am vegan
- I love quizzes
- I huge Pokémon fan and play the games a lot
- I also play The Sims a lot
- I have traveled to Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Latvia and Estonia
- I like history and museums
- I hate cold and snow, and would love to live by the Equator
- I have lost lots of weight in past few years and I'm now trying to get fitter and maybe gain some muscle.

And now I honestly can't think of anything else. But I am always open for questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment